Ash Joins The World Again

There's nothing better than rising early,
heading outside, and greeting the sun as it rises above the horizon.


Apparently, I'm not the only one that loves this time of day.
It's one of several things that the guineas and I share.


Another just might be a general disregard for rules.
(I'm no rebel, but I like to do things my own way... truth be told.)
You see, these crazy birds have given up going inside to the safety of their house
for their nighttime roosting.
Instead, they have taken to roosting in the tree beside their house, 
or even on the roof of their house.
Although it is relatively safe, since the horses and donkeys are right there,
it is not as safe as tucked indoors.
But... you cannot reason with a guinea.

To make matters worse, they have stopped laying their delicious little eggs.
It's been two weeks now, and not a single egg...


except for this tiny semi-soft one that I found in their yard.
If you have ever raised chickens, they you know what I am talking about...
semi-soft eggs.
They are eggs that are laid with just a rubbery membrane around them, but no shell.
Premature eggs, if you will.


Thank you for all of your kind remarks regarding Star's passing.
I am happy to report that Ash once again returned to socializing on Saturday.


Mackenzie was visiting with Ritz crackers...


and Ash stayed very close.


I have witnessed how animals grieve the loss of another...
but I am also keenly aware that their grief is temporary.
Hubbs and I had a discussion about that.
He suggested that perhaps they have a short memory.
I believe it is because they have a different perspective on life.
Regardless... life is good again for Ash.


While visiting on Saturday, Mackenzie was a little nervous when Ginger and MaryAnn
came up to her grunting like they do when they are happy to see someone.


I explained that they were merely saying "Hello."
Mackenzie, who is 2-years-old, replied, "Pigs don't talk."


Oh, but they do.  We just aren't smart enough to understand them, sometimes.
But then there are times when we know exactly what they are saying.

 I spent a part of Saturday afternoon having a pretend tea party with Mackenzie.


We discussed how to add sugar and milk to tea... with tiny silver spoons,


how important it is to have cakes with your tea,
and how to drink tea like a lady.


It was so much fun to watch this little one imitate all that I showed her.
We have great plans for real tea parties outside this summer...
and tea parties with the forest fairies as well!

I hope to foster a love for magic and adventure that these little people 
can carry throughout their lives.
Life is so much more magical when you believe in fairies and elves and such!
Do you believe?
I most certainly do... and can't imagine a world without fairies.

I spent a little time this weekend making some mushrooms for this year's fairy garden...


and finishing this embroidery...


It was great fun... like coloring with needle and thread.
I can hardly wait to start something new.
It's a great way to breathe new life into something old.

PS... it was 26 degrees yesterday morning when I awoke.
Whoever is holding Spring hostage, please allow her to go free...
I am in desperate need!

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
i have always been a strong believer in all things magical. life is so much more fun when you believe!your embroidery is just wonderful! i love how the pig lifts her foot because she wants the treats so badly! so cute! i don't know if that is ginger or maryann.
When I talked to our local fairies on St. Patrick's Day, they wanted to know if they could visit your delightful fairy garden again this year. I told them I would ask you and see if you minded. It snowed here last night so they are back in their houses today.
Grandma Zee said…
You are a magical person, those mushrooms are delightful. Life would be so dull if we didn't believe in fairies and magic. I may have to make a fairy garden for my greatgrands. How did you make the mushrooms. I am glad Ash is doing better and socializing. We now have 4 generations in our house, my granddaughter and family are living with us for a time. So the great grands and I have gotten some baby chicks and they are going to have their own garden. It promises to be a fun summer.
I saw this and thought of your grandkids.https://www.facebook.com/Blayzefallis/videos/953523428146715/
Nice to see that in this high tech world, little girls still like playing "tea party."
Dee J. Hartman said…
I'd love to use the picture of your granddaughter feeding crackers to the goat to paint an acrylic of it in the future. It is so precious!
!
Bee Haven Bev said…
Sure, Dee.... be my guest
This N That said…
Welcome back Ash..so sorry for your loss..can't imagine losing a sister.Love the tea party..Wonderful experience for her..great memories ! Your fairies are very special..What a happy place they inhabit..There's not enough magic in this world..Your embroidery is a beautiful addition to anything..I used to do jean pockets and shirt pockets..very special..Love it..I still have some denim shirts that could use some flowers ;) Planted some shrubs in yesterdays sunny but cold weather..
Debbie Nolan said…
Lovely post...what a great past-time teaching your sweet one how to drink tea. So sorry to read about your beloved Star. It is never easy to lose a special part of the "family". Take care and have a blessed day.
Country Gal said…
Wonderful post and photos , Cute video to . I am sad that you all lost a farm friend .It never gets easier does it . I to love getting up early and greeting the day and the sun rise as well as all our wildlife and to listen and watch the land wake to ! The farm down the road from us always sounds lovely in the mornings and evenings with the sounds of the animals , roosters crowing , geese honking , and so on I love it .Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !
Lynne said…
Oh the sweetness of two year old Mackenzie . . .
I think she has “Bee Haven Living”in her soul . . .
littlemancat said…
Where to start - love the tea party,happy Ash is joining in, the beautiful sun in the golden hour, and the video! Bev, I saw a good sale on Ritz crackers and thought of you. In fact, I bought some and when I snack all I think of is I'm joining the farm animals! Ha,ha!
Mary
littlemancat said…
And forgot to say how I love your embroidery - it's wonderful!
Mary